Windscreen Wiper Motor Replacement

Yachting Home Forums All things Technical Above Decks Windscreen Wiper Motor Replacement

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    39Schuss
    Blocked

I have a N33 1981 and need to replace a Bosch WWF windscreen motor. Does anyone know of a supplier or failing that a similar make that would do the job?
    Mike Jauncey

David Babsky
    Participant

I replaced one, but – darn it! – I can’t remember what motor I got ..except that it’s white. I looked online and found one; simples. I’m not on the boat right now, so I can’t look at the motor and see what it is, but I’d guess that it was probably sold by Vetus, or by one of the usual chandlery companies.

It was simple – as far as I remember – to do: just unscrew a locking ring and it pulled right out of the windscreen (though first I had to remove the wiper arm, of course!)

I seem to remember that there was a small wiring diagram, and a pin or contact had to be (re)moved to make sure that the arm wiped in the appropriate direction.

If I can find any further info, like and invoice or receipt, I’ll post further info ..but I remember that it wasn’t hard to find a suitable w/w motor!

David Babsky
    Participant

P.S: ..Dear Webmaster, is it possible to have rather DARKER text here, please? Having written my previous reply, I thought I was going blind when it appeared as grey on grey! Many thanks.

David Millings
    Participant

I’ve just bought 3 motors c/w with blades and arms off eBay for my 79 33. They were very cheap delivered from Turkey no problems.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Universal-Windscreen-Wiper-Motor-With-Arm-and-Blade-for-Caravana-Boat-ATV/353095968365?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
    Fitting next week. I find VĂȘtus an absolute rip off.ive run them on a battery and they are very quiet…well see

39Schuss
    Blocked

Thank you David Ill give them a go!
    Regards
    Mike

Michael Edwards
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I replaced mine some years ago on my 331

ROCA motors from asap supplies. You can ask them for data sheets which should contain all of the measurments needed

Kind regards

Michael

39Schuss
    Blocked

Thank you Michael I’ll follow that up too.
    Mike Jauncey

39Schuss
    Blocked

Helo Michael, your post pushed me to solve my own problem.

I have the samed problem on my NC33 mkII 1978, the center wiper no longer runs but smells like a major fire when actuated.

A camera picture shows “TYPE WWF, 12V, made in USA” engraved on the motor case and RWS on an aluminium leg on the right side.
    A googol search shows it as “American Bosch WWF Windshield wiper”, probably used on many WW2 jeep, looks very common on the other side of the pond.

An article http://www.earlycj5.com/xf_cj5/index.php?threads/rebuilding-american-bosch-wwf-electric-wiper-motors.124208/ explains how to rebuild it, very interesting even if plan to exchange and not rebuild

Many motors are available on the net, one has to specify shaft length thus one has remove the windshield and take measurement.
    What other specifications and measurements are needed to replace the motor or the entire wiper, I do not know yet.

39Schuss
    Blocked

Thanks Yves
    What I really want is a simple replacement for mine with a single speed, simple power feed just like the old one.
    Kind Regards
    Mike

SeeSeaCSi
    Participant

I have a problem with the wiper arms.. they are stuck to the shaft and can not get it out… any suggestions please?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.