Reply To: Engine failure + exhaust problem

Yachting Home Forums All things Technical Engines Engine failure + exhaust problem Reply To: Engine failure + exhaust problem

Anonymous
Inactive

Hello Michel,

What a horrible situation to be in for you.

I have little advice on the exhaust issue. There must be some syphoning going on or water coming in the cooling inlet and Filling the engine up while at rest (unlikely)

My advise and I am sure you will not want to hear is do not go to court. The only winners are lawyers. Of course they will all advise you to pursue the matter.

As an example. We bought a commercial vehicle. We singed the order form for a NEW 125hp vehicle. The dealer supplied an pre registered, second hand, vehicle with 90hp. We went to court. Whilst we did not loose we did not win. Our Lawyer took the case on as no win no fee. As the proceedings went on our Lawyer spotted a technicality, unrelated to the vehicle, where we may have received a judgment against us. The lawyer at that point advised dropping proceedings. Somehow we escaped all fees.

I would fear that any legal battle will cost mort than the engine repair and distract you from getting the boat fit again.

Regards, Rod