Reply To: N33 renovation – affordable dry storage and berth between Southampton and Poole

Yachting Home Forums General N33 renovation – affordable dry storage and berth between Southampton and Poole Reply To: N33 renovation – affordable dry storage and berth between Southampton and Poole

Piers Covill
Keymaster

Hi Tim

Welcome and good luck with your project. If me or any of us can provide advice and encouragement at any time, do please let me know. This forum is a good place to start with many NC33 owners on here.

I can’t immediately suggest any alternatives above what you have outlined. My only thought is that storing things inland is always much cheaper than in a a boat yard, and your refit is going to be a long project I suspect. I have a yard near me in Wallop, Hampshire (miles from the sea) and I refitted a 26ft boat there and it cost about £1200 for a year’s storage in the open (I put plastic sheeting over it). OK so it’s further on the lorry, but you are paying for the crane at each end anyway and the monthly saving is considerable. Might be worth looking inland a bit – chatting up some friendly farmers.

Best wishes Piers
Technical Secretary – Nauticat Association

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Piers Covill.