Reply To: Questions on a Nauticat 33 Mk 2 – from Andrew Wilson

Yachting Home Forums General Questions on a Nauticat 33 Mk 2 – from Andrew Wilson Reply To: Questions on a Nauticat 33 Mk 2 – from Andrew Wilson

39Schuss
Blocked

Here is my two cents :
I cover Naïla with a tarpaulin from november to april. Initially the tarpaulin only covered the helm house and the roof. I had an extension built to cover the foredeck and also the aftdeck (Naïla is an mKII) to fight against unsalted rain water and moisture that would develop on the deck teck or below (the anchor compartment is prone to almost permanent condensation and thus rotten plywood, it is left open under the tarpaulin during all winter which does help a lot). As of cost the fore and aft tarpaulin where recently made in La Rochelle with 900 g / sq meter at a cost of 1800 €.
If I had to redo the two center tarpaulin I would have them larger to fully cover the space between the handrail and the deck and forbid nort westerly rains to develop moisture on the teak deck.
A positive side effect of those two tarpaulin is that condensation no longer develop on the inside windows when I am onboard in winter time.