Price / price range:
Delivered in 2011 as hull No.19 to her current owner, OUMKA is a professionally maintained and privately
used example of the Nauticat 385.
With approx. Euro 150,000 in factory-fitted options, OUMKA’s original list price was just under Euro
500,000. OUMKA has been configured for effortless short-handed cruising and liveaboard sailing in both warm and cold climates. Her specification
highlights are many and include:-
• Two cabin, interior layout with teak interior joinery and Alcantara upholstery
• Teak laid side decks
• Yanmar 54hp engine with Flex-o-fold 3 blade folding propeller.
• Retractable bowthruster
• Fischer Panda 4kw generator
• Mastervolt charger/inverter
• Solar panel with regulator
• Spectra 12vDC 24 litre per hour watermaker
• 16,000BTU reverse-cycle air-conditioning
• Webasto diesel fired hot air cabin heating
• Fresh water flushing electric heads
• Force 10 3-burner stove with grill
• Washing machine
• Raymarine electronics with twin plotters, radar, AIS and autopilot
• Tender with Torqueedo electric outboard
• North Sails sail wardrobe with full-battened mainsail, furling genoa and gennaker
• Low-friction batten car system on mast with single-line reefing and lazyjacks
• Harken electric sheet winches
• Harken Rewind dual-direction captive main/sh. winch at companionway with a remote control at the helm.
• Selden asymmetric spinnaker pole
• Bowsprit with twin anchor rollers
• Chain counter
The main idea behind internal configuration is to have a boat for a couple to cruise in total comfort, perhaps with occasional guests.
The choice of configuration, therefore, was deliberate to create a feeling inside the boat of a much larger yacht. Yet, the boat to be compact enough to fit into any marina.
Internally, OUMKA has a custom interior layout, with walk-in wardrobe-cum-storage room in lieu of an aft heads and an owner’s cabin bunk with transverse orientation (goes under the cockpit) that is truly huge – 2.10 x 2.00 m.! Sleeping is easy and very comfortable indeed!
Home to home comforts: dishwasher, washing machine, freshwater toilet flushing (to avoid the smell), separate shower stall, and of course, water maker to have enough water. Here, I have to say, with full water tanks a couple can cruise for about a week without resorting to water maker. There is enough water for everything, including daily showers.
Lying: PIOMBINO, ITALY