Nauticat 32 v 32s any difference.

Yachting Home Forums All things Technical Above Decks Nauticat 32 v 32s any difference.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Some Nauticat 32’s are advertised as 32s, what is the difference from a plain 32? if any.

I didn’t know where else to post.

39Schuss
    Blocked

I assume you mean the difference between a 32 and and a 321.

Mostly it is a matter of detailed things.

Early 32s had a 29hp engine I think. All 321s have a 39hp engine.

321s had the option of a deeper keel with a bulb (1.8m) with a taller mast. So more sail power.

I think all 32s have an inside wheel, whilst 321s have an option of a ‘nav station’ for having a PC and an autopilot control. The structure is lower and you have a seat to sit at the computer.

The side windows are different.

321s have an extended bit of superstructure where it slopes down to meet the cockpit coamings. This makes it very comfortable because 2 people can sit ‘in the corners’ of the cockpit completely sheltered.

Bathing ladder moved to the side.

That being said, I have a 2002 321 with taller rig and deep keel, but over the years the 321s have had other detailed improvements.

Hope that helps

Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Steve.

To answer my own question, a Nauticat 32 is advertised as a 32S on an Italian web site. Clive Stratton assures me that to his knowledge no such boat ever existed.

But thanks anyway I knew the 321 had a new deck but not the details, that is useful.

Another suspect advert is for a 331 on a French site which gives the date of build as 1993, which is before the date when the 331 was launched in 1997. kaliboat dot com

I will keep looking.

Kind Regards,
    Luke

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.